I’ll be 30 next year. No biggie really; to me it’s just another year. However when you get to that point in your life, people start asking questions.
“Oh no, the big ‘3-0’. So what are you going to do now?”
What am I going to do now? Same thing I did everyday for the past 29 years hopefully!My life has been wonderful, fulfilling, and blessed. I have traveled abroad on more than one account, backpacked Europe, moved across the country, volunteered with many organizations that share my passions, and have let myself really appreciate and enjoy what life has to offer.
However there are those things I still wished I always did…just to try. Things people say they do all the time but for some reason or another, whether it scares me or I just don’t have the time, I never do.
So here it goes…
30 THINGS TO DO BEFORE I’M 30
[Feel free to track my progress on My Page. I’ll be posting updates]
- Go to the movies by myself.
- Take a spur-of-the-moment day trip to the coast.
- Try a new and exotic food.
- Try something I know I used to hate and refused to eat (I’m thinking beets or brussel sprouts).
- Go to my favorite restaurant and order something other than “my usual”.
- Pet a sheep. (I am dying to see if they feel like what I think in my head.)
- Spend an entire day pampering myself. Mani & pedi., facial, massage, the works.
- Wear everything in my closet, at least to try it on to see if it’s worth keeping.
- Sell some of my nice, designer handbags (I have been saying that for years but it’s about time.)
- Write love letters to my husband.
- Catch up on Drs appts. Physical, dental, eye, etc. I always put off the Dr.
- Eliminate one cause of stress in my life.
- Catch up with an old friend.
- Take a fun class; either at the community college or a one-time weekend class, just something I’ve never done.
- Go two weeks without spending a penny (eating what’s in the cupboards and spending time at home). This excludes paying standard bills of course; I don’t want my power shut off!
- Learn Spanish.
- Be “disconnected” for one day. No phone, no Internet, no computer, no TV…just appreciate nature and human interaction.
- Do a detox body cleanse.
- Read a classic that I was always too stubborn to read in school, like Catcher in the Rye or Little Women.
- Forgive everyone that has ever hurt me in the past. I need to let go of anger and disappointment.
- Write a Will, death letter, etc….I know it’s morbid, but by 30 I think it needs to happen.
- Run a 5K; actually run the whole time.
- Find the perfect LBD.
- Pick a random Living Social deal just to try something new.
- Give something or someone a second chance.
- Incorporate color into my wardrobe; buy a few signature pieces with flair. Maybe a yellow blazer or teal skinny jeans?
- Cry while watching a sad movie and eating an entire container of Ice Cream…every girl has to do that at least once in her life, right?
- Get PRK or Lasik eye surgery. I am so sick of contacts and glasses.
- Learn something new through watching a YouTube video.
- Get digitally organized. I am already very organized and keep track over everything, but I hardly keep digital files of anything.
I’ve got about 8 months, wish me luck!